Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week two..

So I thought Id start a blog during my weight loss journey. Not only to keep myself motivated but allow people to be able to see and feel my struggles. So many times people assume losing weight is an easy process, but its not only a physical and emotional transformation, its also a mental one. You have to start thinking differently. And this is what Im going to do!!! But my tracking at least a few times a week, it will keep me accountable.

So week one I started Weight Watchers. I wasnt sure about doing it, but I thought I need some help. I dont know how to eat like a thin person and I need to be taught. Just like school. I decided Friday nights is a great night to go. Why? During the week I have my boss to help keep me on track. Weekends I need to remember why Im doing this. So its a great start to the weekend. My first week I lost 6 lbs! I know not to expect that all the time, but it was a great instant gratification!!

Week 2, I added in Curves and walking. I probably should have started Curves for a few weeks and then added in the walking, but I like to torture myself. Im not an exercise person. I dont like to sweat, unless Im naked. Ive been a member of Curves before and it worked for me. So I went with that. Same with Weight Watchers (WW from now on).

I never feel like Im working out hard enough. I sweat but I feel like I should be doing more. I dont realize that I havent had physical exercise for years, decades even. Its a slow process.

So far Ive gone to Curves three times. I also walked twice. I plan on doing both again tomorrow. Id like to drop 5 lbs at WW this week. Right now Im down 2.6. So it will be a lot to get in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you only lose 2.6 this week, that's still 8.6 pounds you've lost. Which, is really, really good!

    ReplyDelete